Strong Useable Power
- Piston: The König bridge-box-type piston is closely related to the FC 450’s piston and lowers oil consumption, optimising performance. The compression ratio is 11.8:1.
- Engine: The compact layout of the 449.3 cc SOHC engine of the FE 450 is a great benefit to the overall packaging of the engine/chassis combination. The high power output of 53 hp is easily accessible thanks to a broad and linear power delivery. The single overhead cam actuates two lightweight 38 mm, 32 g titanium intake valves and two 33 mm, 42 g steel exhaust valves. Lightweight, DLC coated rocker arms maximise engine performance. Durability is guaranteed by a three layer head gasket.
- Engine Management System (EMS): The Keihin electronic fuel injection and 42 mm throttle body feature accurate throttle response and smooth engine performance that is ideal for enduro-style riding. Engine data can be downloaded with a laptop via a Setting Tool that is available in the Husqvarna accessories program.
- Updated DDS Clutch: The DDS (damped diaphragm steel) clutch system is featured on the FE 450 to achieve smooth clutch action and easy control. A single diaphragm steel pressure plate is used instead of coil springs. It integrates a damping system for better traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the narrowness of the engine. For MY16, the FE 450 and FE 501 clutch basket is 80 g lighter and features an optimised pressure plate for better modulation and improved durability.
- Chromoly Steel Frame: High-strength steel of the highest quality is laser cut and robot welded to exacting standards by WP Performance Systems, according to precise torsional rigidity, longitudinal flex and weight defined by our R&D department. Finely-tuned torsional rigidity provides sharp handling and stability, while calculated longitudinal flex helps absorb impacts from the terrain, working together with the suspension for better comfort and greater feedback. The lightweight design allows riders to confidently pick faster lines while maintaining race-winning pace over extended periods of time.
- Polyamide Rear Subframe: The lightweight, three-piece polyamide rear subframe is more flexible than a traditional aluminium rear subframe. Combined with the longitudinal flex of the frame and the rear linkage system, this gives riders a more comfortable and confidence-inspiring feeling on the bike, allowing them to push the limits in every condition and on any terrain. The design of the composite subframe features an integrated airbox and rear grab handles.
- New Disc Brakes: New disc brakes by GFK at the front and rear, feature stronger braking power and increased control with a new design.
- New Front-end Geometry: Detail improvements and optimisation on the MY16 enduro bikes are based on the updated front end where a new 22mm front axle with specific fork shoes replaces the previous 26mm axle. The new axle is lighter, and the shoes have shorter offset and increased trail, for more stability and better front-end feel.
- Dunlop Tyres: Dunlop AT81 tyres offer all-around performance plus high levels of ruggedness for off-road racing and riding.
- DID Wheels: Black high-strength alloy rims by DID are matched to CNC machined hubs and silver anodised aluminium nipples, for reliable performance and modern looks.
- Linkage Rear Suspension: Now in its third year of development, the rear linkage on the Husqvarna enduros has proven itself as the optimal choice for all riding styles and levels of rider ability. The versatile system performs well on the widest variety of terrain, from tight and technical trails, to wide open, high-speed tracks. The high level of comfort guaranteed by our linkage system allows riders to tackle rough terrain with optimal feeling and traction in every condition.
- 4CS Front Fork: With the new offset on triple clamp and fork shoes, the 4CS setup has been revised to suit the new front-end geometry. Now in its 4th year of production, the 4CS fork has reached the perfect balance between performance, feeling and reliability. The four-chamber system on the 4CS fork has been developed to improve damping, handling, plushness and rider comfort, ideal characteristics for enduro. The clicker settings can be easily and quickly adjusted via the dials on the top of the fork tubes. The red dial on the right alters rebound damping, while the white dial on the left is for compression damping. WP suspension stands for top quality and offers the best performance levels. Precision engineering, quality materials and advanced production processes characterise the WP forks on the Husqvarna model range.
Premium Standard Components
- Tool-less Air Filter Access: Tool-less access to the airbox, combined with a screwless air filter mounting system, makes air filter maintenance and inspection quick and easy. All models fit a Twin Air filter as standard and have specifically designed air intake snorkels for maximum power.
- Neken Handlebar: Silver anodised Neken tapered aluminium handlebars are a high quality standard component on the Husqvarna enduros.
- New Fork Protectors: The fork protectors have been redesigned and no longer wrap around the fork leg. The new design allows for improved access to the fork leg for better maintenance and cleaning, while also being easier to replace. The white plastic now features high quality inmould graphics for long-lasting and stylish looks.
- Electric Start: Standard electric start ensures effortless and reliable starting that is especially useful in difficult terrain. The 4-strokes offer the possibility to retro-fit a kick-starter.
- Design: 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled
- Displacement: 449.3 cm³
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
- Primary ratio: 32:76
- Secondary gear ratio: 13:50
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch DDS / Brembo hydraulics
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Forks: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4CS
- Shock absorber: WP Monoshock with linkage
- Suspension travel Front: 300 mm
- Suspension travel Rear: 330 mm
- Brake system Front: Disc brake with two-piston floating brake caliper
- Brake system Rear: Disc brake with single-piston floating brake caliper
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 260 mm
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 220 mm
- Chain: X-ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Wheel base: 1,482±10 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 345 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 970 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 9 L Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 112.8 kg