2017 Honda CRF250RL
Freedom Cycle - Halifax
ONLY $42 WEEK!!
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Strong, confidence-inspiring power: Compact and sophisticated liquid-cooled DOHC 249 cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine produces smooth and consistent torque at low rpm, plus excellent high-rpm performance. The engine's wide spread of power makes the CRF250L easy and confidence-inspiring to ride, while also returning impressive fuel economy.
- Even better performance: Enhancements to the engine's intake and exhaust systems for 2017 boost horsepower by a estimated full 10 percent while also increasing torque at low rpm, all without changing the CRF250L's easy-to-ride nature.
- Improved PGM-FI: The CRF250L's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions. A larger throttle body and a longer air-intake tube for 2017 contribute to the engine's significant power increase.
- Smooth response: The PGM-FI system incorporates an Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) to smooth responses to small changes in throttle position.
- Redesigned exhaust system: By changing the exhaust system's header pipe to a tapered design from a straight shape, and altering the internal structure of the muffler, engineers were able to increase overall power and torque while also reducing weight.
- Compact design: Extremely compact roller rocker arm design for the low-friction valve train allows the use of a smaller cylinder head.
- Quieter operation: The crankshaft runs in plain bearings for quieter operation and the big end of the connecting rod spins in a needle bearing, both contributing to the engine's high-performance credentials.
- Less vibration: A gear-driven counterbalance shaft helps quell engine vibration for enhanced rider comfort. It's located so close to the crankshaft that the balancer weight passes between the two crank weights to keep the engine as compact as possible while improving mass centralization.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Excellent stability & agility: Chassis developed specifically for the CRF250L provides an ideal combination of on-road stability and off-road agility.
- Improved ride quality: Inverted Showa fork features revised settings for 2017 for even better ride quality on the street and in the dirt.
- Excellent performance over rough terrain: Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension has been tweaked for 2017, improving both rider comfort and traction while maintaining the ample travel that helps make the CRF250L capable on the trail.
- Outstanding stopping power: Front and rear disc brakes ensure strong and consistent stopping power.
- Lightweight performance: Front 21-inch and rear 18-inch wheels boast lightweight aluminum rims.
- Digital data at a glance: Upgraded digital multi-function instrument panel includes a fuel-level gauge and clock.
- Secure storage: Lockable tool box is tucked away behind the left-side number plate.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 36 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Six-speed with manual clutch
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 14T/40T
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: 43 mm Showa inverted fork; 222 mm (8.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustment; 240 mm (9.4 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 3.00-21 Rear: 120/80-18
- Brakes: Front: 256 mm dual hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper Rear: 220 mm hydraulic disc with one-piston caliper
- Ground Clearance: 255 mm (10 in.)
- Seat Height: 875 mm (34.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 146 kg (322 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 7.7 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 36 mm throttle body
- Six-speed with manual clutch
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 14T/40T
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm Showa inverted fork; 222 mm (8.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring preload adjustment; 240 mm (9.4 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 256 mm dual hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm hydraulic disc with one-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 875 mm (34.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.7 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 146 kg (322 lb.)
- Extreme Red
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus