2015 Polaris Industries 600 SWITCHBACK ADVEN
Blowout: Save $2,795.00 now until 4/30/2020
Freedom Cycle - Halifax
600 SWITCHBACK ADVEN
MSRP $13,499. ON SALE FOR QUICK SALE $10,704!!! SAVE $2800!!!
Rider Balanced Control
- AXYS™ Chassis: The all new AXYS™ chassis features 93% new parts, including a carbon-fiber overstructure. The new chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider’s riding experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
- Rider Balanced Control: Rider Balanced Control gives the rider: Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor; More precise handling in all conditions; Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps. How did we get there? Polaris: Put the rider in the right location on the sled; Centralized vehicle mass; Optimized the suspension geometry to better control pitch.
- Rider Balanced Positioning: On the new AXYS™ chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider’s hands are moved 4.5” forward, the feet are 2” forward, the knees are 4.5” forward, and the seat is 4.5” forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS™ platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension: The completely redesigned geometry of the all-new PRO-XC™ progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring: Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank; Completely redesigned crank and pivot; Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile.
- Active Pitch Control™: The all-new PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
- Lightweight: When developing the AXYS™ platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength. The 600 Switchback Adventure is approximately 30 pounds lighter than the previous chassis and weighs approximately 30 lb. less than a competitive crossover model.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine: This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS™ chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts.
Rider Centric Comfort
- Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride® Saddlebags: Take only as much as you need. No two rides are ever the same, why should your sled be? Planning a high mileage, multi-day trip? Mount the saddlebags and bring everything you need. Only out for a day trip? Load up the accessory rack bag with the essentials.
- AXYS™ Performance Seat: The new seat utilizes a new high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. The seat is lighter without compromising comfort; Improved ergonomics and stability; Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place.
- Left-Hand Controls: The new left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights: Models built on the AXYS™ platform feature the industry’s first LED headlights as standard equipment. New LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: 30% brighter and nearly 1 lb. lighter; Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness,” reported in Kelvin) is 5000 K, which is very close to daylight spectrum; Enhanced durability over incandescent light with no filament to burn out. The LED lighting will last the lifetime of the sled; For enhanced safety, the low beam is always on during low to high beam transitions. When the high beam is activated, the low beam remains on, so there is never a period of no light. If the lighting switch ever malfunctioned, the user would always at least have low beam lighting.
- Wind Protection: The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage: Storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS™ platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines. Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling; Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection; Installs without tools; There are 10 new AXYS™ storage options in the platform’s debut season – that can create over 90 different storage configurations
- Premium Fit & Finish: Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps. Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas; Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines; Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Electric Start: Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
- Extreme Front Bumper: Lightweight, aluminum front bumper features extra protection for wherever your Adventure takes you.
- Fuel Capacity (gal./L): 12 / 45.4
- Overall Height (in./cm): 46 / 116.8
- Overall Width (in./cm): 47 / 119.4
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm): 42.5 / 108
- Overall Length (in./cm): 121 / 307.4
Engine & Drivetrain
- Disc Brake Type: AXYS™ Radial
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P85 / Team® LWT
- Exhaust: SC VES, Single
- Fuel System: 2 Injector Cleanfire®
- Ignition: Multi-Dimensional CDI
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liberty / Liquid with Bypass
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 599
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 77.25 x 64
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Front Suspension: AXYS™ Front Suspension
- Front Track Shock: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Front Travel (in./cm): 9.3 / 23.6
- Rear Suspension: PRO-XC Rear Suspension
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Rear Travel (in./cm): 13.4 / 34
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 137 x 1.352 Cobra
Features and Options
- 12v Outlet: 2 Standard (AC & DC)
- Color / Graphics: Silver / Switchback® Adventure
- Electric Start: Standard
- Fuel Gauge: Digital MFD
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Std. Adjustable
- Handlebar Hooks: Standard Integrated Hooks
- Mirrors: Standard
- Rear Rack: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Support with Luggage: Standard Lock & Ride®
- Seat Type: AXYS™ Performance Seat
- Security System: Accessory
- Speedometer: Digital MFD
- Steering: 60mm (2.36") Fixed Riser
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Digital MFD
- Windshield: Tall Clear
NOTES:Professional rider on a closed course. Polaris recommends that all snowmobile riders take a training course. Do not attempt maneuvers beyond your capability. Always wear a helmet and other safety apparel. Never drink and ride.
- Engine Type
- 599 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.25 x 64 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid with Bypass
- 2 Injector Cleanfire®
- Multi-Dimensional CDI
- SC VES, Single
- Brake Type
- AXYS™ Radial
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- Team® LWT
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: AXYS™ Front Suspension; Shocks: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Front Travel
- 9.3 in. (23.6 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: PRO-XC Rear Suspension; Shocks: Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.
- Rear Travel
- 13.4 in. (34 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 137 x 1.352 in.
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Standard: Digital MFD
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 gal. (45.4 L)
- Dry Weight
- NA kg)
- Tall Clear
- Silver / Switchback® Adventure
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Std. Adjustable