2009 Yamaha V STAR CLASSIC
This Middleweight Will Knock You Out.
Only the price tag will tell you this machine is a mid-size model.
Everything else - the long, low styling, the authentic 40 cubic-inch V-twin, the painstaking attention to detail -- will just plain knock you out. Take one for a nice long ride, and you'll see why. Big on value and good looks, the V-Star 650 Classic punches way above its weight. It's a champion by unanimous decision.
- 649cc V-twin
- Classic styling
- Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
- This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
- Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
- Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
- Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
- Transistorized coil ignition means sure starts and excellent engine performance. It is a no-maintenance design.
- Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds to styling but also is easy to service the air filter.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance with no chain adjustments or splatter.
- 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering strong low- and mid-range engine power. The conversion to aftermarket mufflers is fast and simple.
- Heel-toe shifter reinforces that classic image.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
- Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
- Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- Long 1,625mm (64") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
- Beefy, 41mm front fork with Road Star-inspired shrouds offers 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel to ensure a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Chromed fork shrouds, top triple clamp, and one-piece handlebar holder show attention to detail.
- 7-step, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension allows the rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions. Rear wheel travel is 98mm (3.9").
- Rear shock is mounted under the engine for that classic, hardtail look. By positioning the shock low in the chassis, it lowers the centre of gravity for a light, easy-to-maneuver feel.
- Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
- Plushly padded, low-profile rider and passenger seats provide exceptional rider comfort. The low 710mm (27.9") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
- Full-size rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration while providing ample legroom for maximum rider comfort.
- Wide retro-style handlebars evoke a classic design. Extra wide levers provide a quality look and feel.
- Wide front and rear tires fitted to spoked, chrome wheels combine retro styling with solid handling and traction.
- Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders are both durable and unmistakably classic. Their steel design means they are easy to customize and paint.
- Large, 16-litre fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for an extra long cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features an odometer and tripmeter displays.
- Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
- Beautiful, 3D, fuel tank emblem reinforces the Star family's quality image.
- 3D Yamaha emblem on side covers
- Locking helmet holder
- Locking storage compartment adds convenience and security.
- Steering lock
- Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish, clear signal lenses
- Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs prevent unwanted scratches
- Engine: Air-cooled,SOHC, 2-valve, 70°, V-twin
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore and Stroke: 81 x 63mm
- Compression Ratio: 9:1
- Maximum Torque: 5.2kg-m (37.5 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni BDS28 x 2
- Ignition: Digital TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Drive Train: Shaft
- Suspension (Front): 41mm fork
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross
- Brakes (Front): Single 298mm disc
- Brakes (Rear): Drum
- Tires (Front): 130/90-16
- Tires (Rear): 170/80-15
- Length: 2,450mm (96.5")
- Width: 930mm (36.6")
- Height: 1,110mm (43.7")
- Wheelbase: 1,625mm (64")
- Seat Height: 710mm (28")
- Fuel Capacity: 16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
- Wet Weight: 247kg (543.4 lb)
- Colour(s): Bluish Silver, Bluish White
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 2-valve, 70°, V-twin
- 649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 81 x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni BDS28 x 2
- Digital TCI
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm Fork
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable link Monocross
- Front Brakes
- Single 298 mm Disc
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Seat Height
- 28 in. (710 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.5 gal. (16 l)
- 21 kpl (59 mpg)
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 543.4 lbs. (247 kg)
- Final Drive
- Drive Train: Shaft
- Bluish Silver, Bluish White
- 1 Year Limited Warranty